You Can Pin-terest It!
September 29, 2015
Posted by on
You may have heard of this website: Pinterest.com….
Now use it in your class! How?
Step 1 – Sign up.
Step 2 – Search by key word or click on some of the suggestions below.
Step 3 – Set a timer – you will lose track of how long you will be here…
For the Teacher
- Search Pinterest for classroom organization ideas
- Search Pinterest for teaching ideas based on your subject: elementary math, spanish, calculus, middle school social studies, site words, digital citizenship, Shakespeare, middle school music….just to get you started!
- Search Pinterest for different teaching techniques – try interactive notebooks or formative assessments or TED Infographics.
- Need some teacher inspiration – click here now!
- Follow some great boards for unlimited ideas: Edutopia, ISTE, The Buck Institute, Shake Up Learning, Edudemic just to name a few.
- Most teachers have a chocolate or coffee addiction…
For the Student
- Have students send pins they like to a classroom account, these could be funny/inspirational/whatever.
- Have students search for a project idea and email/post a pin in the classroom LMS.
- Have students share some ideas related to the current unit of instruction.
- Students show understanding of digital awareness by sharing pins of resources that are good/bad and why.
- Students could sort pins according to topic – be able to explain why they sorted like they did.