Issues facing Oklahoma Principals & Administrators
October 31, 2014
Posted by on
Toby Brown attended the Oklahoma Association of Secondary School Principals conference on Wednesday to help facilitate an afternoon of edcamp-style professional development (learn more about edcamp here & watch this great video). Principals and teachers developed their own sessions and discussed many topics of concern; these included:
- professional social media use,
- social media branding for schools,
- student, parent, teacher, and admin engagement,
- Google education
- 1-to-1 technology initiatives,
- testing and Oklahoma assessment initiatives,
- and teaching without textbooks.
How are we addressing these issues in our administration courses here in the College? In what ways can we continue to develop our involvement with principals and admins in Oklahoma schools?
Drop us a comment or come by the TECH Playground (326 Willard) to chat about it!